The rod seal is the most critical in a cylinder application. It is used in hydraulic cylinders for fluid sealing. They are external to the cylinder head and seal against the cylinder’s rod, preventing leakage of fluid from within the cylinder to the outside. At the same time, it must be protected against external contaminants. Failure of rod seal can result in fluids leaking into the immediate environment and can jeopardize both performance and safety.
The main features of any Rod Seal are:
- Act as a dynamic seal along its inner diameter, and static along its outer diameter.
- Directly affected by changes to the rod surface and fluid temperature fluctuations.
- Often sees the highest pressure variations or spikes in the system.
- Depending on the level pressure range of the system and the fluid compatibility.
JENP oil seal enterprise ltd provides a various types of Hydraulic Seals including Rod Seal and Piston Seals. Hydraulic seals are vital in machinery and can be made from a variety of materials such as polyurethane, rubber or PTFE.
- Material : Polyurethan 93 Sh
- Working Pressure: 40 Mpa(400bar)
- Velocity: Up to 0.5 m/s
- T° for mineral fluids: -30°C to + 100°C
- T° for hydraulic fluids HFA, HFB, HFC: -30°C to + 40°C
- High abrasion resistance, high extrusion resistance.
- Very good elasticity.
- Profile avoiding dynamic recoil.
- Improves pressure reactivity.
Field of application
- Hydraulic cylinders, usually recommended in new projects.
As the professional and outstanding oil seal manufacturer, JENP, is always the best oil seal and rod seal cooperation partner for you! More details about rod seal, O-ring, and other oil seal series, please do not hesitate to contact us!
45-16, Ah Li St, Cheng Ping Village, Fu Hsin, Changhua, Taiwan